“You can tell them the dates, but that don’t mean they’re letting you go.”
I was born in London, and have lived there my entire life. I went to university here, where I read Philosophy and Economics. It was intense.
When I was at university, I wound up as Executive Editor of this newspaper. Thereafter, I didn’t continue down a journalistic path, but persisted with this blog as a means of pretending.
I write about the music and artists I like, and also the music I try to like. When I think hard about it, much of the music I love can be seen as the by-product of the following masters’ craft:
- David Byrne, Brian Eno, and David Bowie;
- Holger Czukay, Michael Karoli, Jaki Liebezeit, Irmin Schmidt, and Damo Suzuki;
- Scott Engel (Walker);
- Steve Albini, James Murphy, and Tim Goldsworthy;
- Steven Ellison;
- Nick Cave and Nick Launay;
- Jimmy Page and John Bonham.